Friday, March 27, 2009

2009-03-27 Wed PM BJJ Class

Cassio Werneck BJJ - Sacramento CA - Cassio Werneck

I think this fatherhood thing is going to put a cramp in my bjj study for a bit. Guess it's a good thing I'm not in a hurry.

So after covering some solid closed guard work last week it's guard breaking / passing this week. Two different versions of how to stand up in closed guard were covered. One of the key things were the grips. Not getting to high with your hands, Keeping a good base, if you reach back to push the knee down doing it after switching your far hand to the belt so you don't get caught.

Rolled:
rolled four 5 or 6? min rounds
Nick, Mark, Rest, Dan, Rest, Nick

It was good rolling with Nick. He was very active, you could tell he had wrestled. He was very open to learning the basic stuff I tried to throw his way (keeping your arms in, posture, things like that)

Rolling with Mark was interesting. I nearly got that De la Riva sweep I've been working on, everything but finishing on top. After that it was all me trying to get an attack in from closed guard. I threatened a few times but his defense held. Also tried recording the workout for the first time. Interesting watching my roll after the fact.

Watching film of Dan cutting therough my open guard is interesting, unless you blink cuzz then you'll miss hte pass. I gotta figure out something for that.

Finally Nck was the only guy that wanted to roll again (my gi was clean, I swear!)

Guard Stand ups (I need to edit this down)

No comments:

Post a Comment