Wednesday, March 18, 2009

2009-03-18 Wed PM BJJ Class

Cassio Werneck BJJ - Sacramento CA - Cassio Werneck

Wow, what a few weeks it's been. We had our first baby a few weeks ago. The experience was pretty amazing. Needless to say I did not get a lot of training in for a few weeks, two to be precise. I did get in last Sat and Mon, but unfortunately I neglected to make posts. Bad Rob.

Tonight Cassio taught was two passes, both ending in subs, on a stacked opponent.

The first pas was off the double inside knee grip, drive them back over their shoulders, and while on your feet pinch their hips with your knees. You have a surprising amount of control from there. Now grip their same side sleeve around the triceps then reach across with the other hand and grab that same arm around the fore arm. stand up and pull up hard both your grips on their one arm. place your shin in their armpit, grab the nearside leg, step the leg over, and finish the arm bar.

The second pass was from double underhooks gripping the belt. sit up and stack them. Now things get interesting. grip their same side wrist. pull it towards you and behind their back. at the same time drive your other arm across their torso and pass to that side. you should have side control with your leg side arm gripping their far side arm behind their back. now lift their torso up and put your knee behind their back. reaching between their nearside arm and their head (reach your head side arm down and pass the arm off to the new grip. this may be very difficult depending on your opponents shoulder flexibility. With your newly freed hand secure their far side elbow to their torso and pull them into guard. finally reach that same arm over their head going two on one pulling their stuck arm up towards their head for the tap. um, yeah. If you read all that I'm amazed.

Rolled:
rolled three 6 or 7(?) min rounds
newer wb that i used to train at Tom's with, rest, Jordan, rest, John

Unfortunately I wasn't able to complete the first roll. I proceeded to tear the guys gi off. It already had a huge tear on the side but since most of my game is tugging on their arms... sorry about that! The last minute or so Richard jumped in

My roll with Jordan was ok. His two a day training regime is really paying off. I don't know how his body stands it. He pulled off a very sneaky pass while i was turtled up where he faked the click choke and then drove across to collapse the knee.

John was all over me. He passes my open guard like nothing. It kinda sucks. I think I need to move my hips a bit more lift my knee up vs. the knee across pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment